OpenPAM Lycopsida was released on 2011-12-18.
- ENHANCE: removed static build autodetection, which didn't work anyway. Use an explicit, user-specified preprocessor variable instead.
- ENHANCE: cleaned up the documentation a bit.
- ENHANCE: added openpam_subst(3), allowing certain PAM items to be embedded in strings such as prompts. Apply it to the prompts used by pam_get_user(3) and pam_get_authtok(3).
- ENHANCE: added support for the user_prompt, authtok_prompt and oldauthtok_prompt module options, which override the prompts passed by the module to pam_set_user(3) and pam_get_authtok(3).
- ENHANCE: rewrote the policy parser to support quoted option values.
- ENHANCE: added pamtest(1), a tool for testing modules and policies.
- ENHANCE: added code to check the ownership and permissions of a module before loading it.
- ENHANCE: added / improved input validation in many cases, including the policy file and some function arguments.